Servings: About 5
- 5 large bell peppers
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 large onion, diced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 large zucchini, halved and diced
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Fresh parsley, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a small baking dish with coconut oil spray. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cut the stems and very top of the peppers off, removing the seeds. Place in boiling water for 4-5 minutes. Remove from the water and drain face-down on a paper towel
- Heat the coconut oil in a large nonstick pan over medium heat. Add in the onion. Sauté for 3-4 minutes until the onion begins to soften. Stir in the ground turkey, oregano, salt, and pepper and cook until turkey is browned. Add the zucchini to the skillet as the turkey finishes cooking. Cook everything together until the zucchini is soft, and then drain any juices from the pan.
- Remove the pan from heat and stir in the tomato paste. Place the peppers upright in the baking dish and spoon the meat mixture into the center of each. Bake for 15 minutes. Serve warm sprinkled with chopped parsley.