- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, finely minced
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼-1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 (14oz) can coconut milk
- 1 (6oz) can tomato paste
- juice of 1 lime
- In a medium sauté pan, heat coconut oil over medium heat.
- Add onion and sauté until translucent. Add garlic, ginger, spices, and salt and cook for another minute.
- Stir in coconut milk and tomato paste and stir until well combined.
- Add chicken to the slow cooker. Pour sauce over everything.
- Cook on high heat for 3-4 hours or on low heat for 6-8 hours.
- Squeeze lime juice on top, and serve with your favorite vegetable or cauliflower rice!
Recipe adapted from http://www.onelovelylife.com/slow-cooker-butter-chicken/