Recipe from the HealthySelf Reset 2017.
- 2 tsp extra virgin coconut oil
- 1 cup bell pepper, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 14 whole eggs or egg whites
- 1 cup unsweetened nut milk (cashew, coconut, etc.)
- Dash of sea salt and pepper 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 F°
- Add coconut oil to a large non-stick pan over medium heat and sauté the onions and peppers for 2-3 minutes. Add the broccoli and cook for another 2 minutes.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk the eggs and nut milk together. Add the sautéed vegetables with salt and black pepper.
- Pour a drop of olive oil onto a paper towel and use it to coat the muffin tins or use muffin liners.
- Pour 1/4 cup of the egg/vegetable mixture into each individual muffin tin.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Allow the muffins to cool on a drying rack. Store a few in the refrigerator for the week. The rest can be stored individually in the freezer for the next four weeks.
- Thaw by adding to the refrigerator the night before.
- Optional Toppings: avocado slices and hot sauce
SERVES: 36 muffins