- 2 lbs. Chicken tenders or thinly sliced chicken breasts (it helps to pound them with a meat mallet as well)
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup almond flour (you can also just use one flour or the other but I liked the combination of both coconut and almond for the taste)
- Italian seasoning
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Salt & pepper
- 2 whole eggs
- Oil for pan-frying (I used avocado oil because it is stable at high temperatures)
- Pound your chicken to tenderize and thin-out if needed
- In a small pan or bowl, scramble 2 eggs
- In a separate pan (pie pans or 8×8 pans work well), add your flours and spices
- Preheat your skillet with ~1 Tbsp oil and prepare a plate or pan covered in paper towel for finished chicken
- Dip your chicken first into the egg mixture, then coat with flour mixture and place in heated skillet. Pan fry on each side for about 3-5 minutes, or until cooked thoroughly. Set aside until all chicken is cooked.
- I enjoy mine over a salad dressed with oil and vinegar, but you can also use the cutlets to make a chicken parmesan!