It’s called pizza chili because I substituted pizza sauce instead of regular tomato sauce- use what you have in the fridge and great recipes are created 🙂
- 1 lb. lean ground turkey
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 4 small sweet potatoes, cubed
- 1/2 tomato, diced
- 15 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 8 oz. pizza sauce (make sure it doesn’t have a lot of added ingredients, especially sugar)
- 2 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 Tbsp. oregano
- 1/2 Tbsp. basil
- 1/2 Tbsp. cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- In a large skillet, sauté the onions and garlic over medium heat.
- Add in the ground turkey and cook until browned.
- Drain the excess fat and then transfer the mixture to the crock pot.
- Add in the pepper, celery, sweet potatoes, and diced tomato.
- Add all spices and stir everything together. Cook on low for 6-7 hours.