As the weather gets cooler, I have been craving some “comfort food”. Surprisingly, this creamy cauliflower hit the spot and is a much healthier option than traditional mac n’ cheese.
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1/3 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 cup onion, diced
- 1/2 Tablespoon olive oil
- dash paprika
- Cut the cauliflower florets into bite-sized pieces away from the stems.
- Steam the cauliflower by placing the cauliflower in a large microwavable bowl with 1/4 cup water. Cover and microwave on high for 5 minutes, or until the cauliflower is fork tender.
- While cauliflower is steaming, place onion in a large saucepan with 1 Tbsp olive oil and cook until translucent.
- Transfer the steamed cauliflower into the saucepan with the onion. Add coconut milk, nutritional yeast, salt and pepper, and stir to combine.
- Garnish with paprika and enjoy!