I’ve been on the “chia seed pudding” bandwagon for a little while now because it makes such an easy breakfast option, especially during the busy holiday season. With about 26 grams of protein per serving* and lots of healthy fats this is bound to keep you full and satisfied. This also makes a great snack if you are craving something sweet 🙂
*depending on the type of protein you use
Makes 4 servings
- 1 1/2 cups full fat coconut milk (Trader Joe’s has a wonderful one without any gums or additives!)
- 1/2 cup all natural nut or seed butter (I used chunky peanut butter but almond or cashew butter would be a great Paleo option)
- 4 scoops vanilla protein powder (I used Vantrition Four Plate Protein)* or you can choose to use a collagen powder, plant-based protein powder, etc.
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- dash of cinnamon to sprinkle on top
- Combine the coconut milk, nut/seed butter and protein powder and make sure its mixed well.
- Stir in the chia seeds.
- Once all ingredients are combined well, divide equally into four small mason jars or containers and refrigerate for at least 3 hours until the mixture sets.
- Enjoy warm or cold and top with a sprinkle of cinnamon if you’d like. I like to reheat mine in the microwave quickly for about 30 seconds to a minute.
*Vantrition is my protein of choice for the past year because it provides safe and effective, evidenced-based, protein and amino acid supplements targeting specific athletic needs and is produced locally by a friend of mine. Visit their website to try a free sample!