Very Berry Chia Seed Pudding
Looking for something to eat for breakfast that doesn’t include eggs or grains? This is the perfect, healthy indulgence filled with omega-3 fats, protein and antioxidants from the berries.
Makes approximately 4 large servings (1 cup to 1.5 cups) or 8 small 1/2 cup servings
- 1 cup of Chia Seeds
- 1 – 13.5 oz. can of coconut milk (I like the Trader Joe’s brand because it has NO fillers or preservatives which is very hard to find!)
- 2 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tsp of pure vanilla extract
- mixed berries (fresh or frozen)
- protein powder of choice (optional). I used Paleo Protein Egg White powder
- Toppings of choice – I used mixed nuts and seeds, more berries and a drizzle of almond butter.
In a large bowl, add chia seeds, coconut/almond milk, protein powder (if using) and vanilla and mix together until all ingredients are fully incorporated and there are no clumps of chia seeds.
Divide into mason jars or other containers with a tight-fitting lid and shake well.
Leave in your fridge for about 30 minutes to an hour until set. (I usually leave it overnight).
Serve with the toppings of your choice. You can enjoy it cold or heated up 🙂