Stuffed peppers is one of my go-to meals to prep for the week because they are simple, adaptable to whatever ingredients you have on hand and taste great heated up!
Makes 4-6 servings (~1 cup-1/5 cups each)
- 2-3 large bell peppers
- 1 package (~12 oz.) Bilinski’s Italian Chicken Sausage (or other all-natural brand)
- 2-3 cups fresh or frozen broccoli (steam first if using fresh)
- 2-3 cups quinoa (I used frozen quinoa with kale already mixed in!)
- 1 large can (16 oz.) crushed tomatoes
- salt, pepper and garlic powder, to taste.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a large skillet, place broccoli (steamed, if using fresh, and softened, if frozen), cooked quinoa, sausage (sliced into bite-sized pieces) and can of crushed tomatoes and allow to heat through.
- Meanwhile, slice peppers in half and discard seeds and stems. Place in microwave-safe dish with ~1 inch of water and heat in microwave for 3-4 minutes to soften the peppers.
- Once peppers are done and filling is heated through, add any spices as desired and pour some of the filling in the bottom of a 9×11 pan. Place peppers and fill with remaining mixture and bake for about 30-35 minutes (if using convection bake or longer as needed).
- Allow to cool then serve or cool and save for later!