Super Simple Make-Ahead Breakfast Bake
Makes approximately 6 servings
- 5-6 redskin potatoes (washed, scrubbed and sliced thin)
- 1 cup fresh spinach (washed)
- 1 package (12 oz.) all-natural chicken sausage (sliced)
- 8 eggs
- Dash of salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, and chili powder (or to taste)
Preheat oven to 400ºF
- Add about 1 Tbsp olive or avocado oil to an 8×8-in baking pan and spread sliced potatoes in a single layer along the bottom.
- Spread spinach evenly over the first layer of potatoes and top with a second layer of potatoes.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine eggs and spices, to taste. Pour over layered potatoes and spinach.
- Top with sliced chicken sausage.
- Place in oven and bake for approximately 30 minutes, uncovered. After 30 minutes, cover with aluminum foil or oven safe lid and bake for additional 5-10 minutes until cooked through and potatoes are tender.
- Cool slightly and enjoy! This also heats up well for a make-ahead breakfast.